Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » » » » I Know a Good Idea When I See One

I Know a Good Idea When I See One


Youve heard that expression "march to the beat of your own drummer," yes? Well, I feel like I embody everything about that cliche. Except for the marching and having my own drummer part. I mean, just look at me! Red hair (by choice thankyouverymuch), fair skin, and a face full of make up in D.C., where  many ladies think a swipe of mascara counts as whore make up. Sigh. 

But its not just physical. Oh no, Ive been doing my own thing from day one. Whether it was abstaining from the devils juice until the age of 21 (true story--Google+ me for the story. haha, JK! Nobodys using Google+) or starting a magazine in college when everyone around me told me it was a bad idea (its still there btw, 5 years after I graduated, nbd), Ive always felt free to be me and pretty stubborn against peer pressure.

That said, sometimes you see something someone else does and you cant help but think to yourself, "Screw paving my own way! Im following in these well-paved footsteps." And thats exactly what I did when I saw this manicure on Cupcakes and Cashmere


It pretty much begins and ends with this Martha Stewart glitter. I mean, its pretty and sparkly. Im fairly certain thats the recipe for curing anything that ails you.

Essentially, the manicure is a simple one. Start by applying two coats of the nail lacquer of your choice. In this case, I (and Emily) used Essies Mint Candy Apple. Then, pour a small amount of glitter, also of your choice (Emily and I used Martha Stewarts Aquamarine loose glitter. You can find it at Michaels.), into a small vessel. I used the cap. Im resourceful.



Once your nail color has dried, apply a layer of top coat to the top half of your nail. Like Emily, I chose the ring finger.


Then, dip a small brush--I used a make up brush I never used--into your glitter and lightly tap it onto the wet top coat.



Apply a top coat to the rest of your nails and voila! Copycat-worthy nails!


I wouldnt blame you at all for copying me.

No comments:

Post a Comment