Monday, May 12, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » » » Bobbatlu Puran Poli – My 50th post

Bobbatlu Puran Poli – My 50th post

I can’t believe this is my 50th post!  Half century Hurray!!!! I am amazed!! Thank you to all my fellow bloggers, friends, readers for your sweet comments and thanks for reading my blog, And to my lovable hubby who is my food taster, encourages with his comments and helps me out in my cooking. And also to my sweet mom who suggests and guides me in my cooking.

I prepared Bobbatlu for 50th post – Andhra Special sweet which is my and my hubby’s favorite (he has many LOL!!!!). 

Bobbatlu is one of the traditional and delicious sweet prepared for festivals and occasions. In Andhra they call Bobbatlu and in Maharasta as Puran Poli. This sweet is very time consuming but it’s worth.  I learnt this recipe from my mom.



Ingredients:

Maida – 1 cup
Channa Dal – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Oil/ghee

Preparation

  • In a bowl mix maida, salt , water and make smooth dough. Keep aside for 1 hour.
  • Wash channa dal and boil it in 3-4 cups of water until the dal becomes soft.
  • After it gets boiled, drain the water completely.
  • In the same vessel add jaggery and cardamom powder and mix well and make a smooth paste
  • Finally add ghee to it
  • Make this puran into round balls and keep aside
  • Grease your hands with oil and take a small portion of dough and spread it on a plastic cover and make a small round chapatti.

  • Place puran inside the little rounded chapatti and close it till the puram will not be visible
  • Using roll stick roll it like chapatti or we can use hand and spread it slowly by pressing it down until it forms a round like chapatti.
  • Now on pan put little ghee/oil and cook on low heat
  • Cook on both sides till it turns golden brown
  • Delicious Bobbatlu’s are ready. Serve these with ghee.
Sending this to Celebrate Sweets-Stuffed Sweets event hosted by Akila originally started by Nivedita and to MLA 35 started by Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment