Friday, March 21, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » Godumbai Rava Uppuma Wheat Rava Uppuma

Godumbai Rava Uppuma Wheat Rava Uppuma

I am back to blogging after the short break as we are somewhat to a schedule.Still grinding idly batter on a regular basis is difficult. As I regularly have idly batter,I never make any uppuma. But now a days atleast twice in a week we have to make this. I never make bombay rava (white) uppuma (kitchadi) though I love to have it as it is difficult to digest. So the only option was wheat rava and to my surprise,I found that everybody loved it.My daughter wanted me to blog the recipe so that she can make it after I leave. This recipe will be very useful for the bachelors who cannot have idly batter all the time. Those who want to avoid rice and want to have wheat can also go for this. This is an excellent food for diabetic patients.
Ingredients
Broken wheat rava (nicely broken) 2 cups
onion minced - 1 cup
green chillies-6
Frozen vegetables or fresh carrot,beans and peas - 1/2 cup (optional)
grated cocunut-1 table spoon (optional)
For seasoning
Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
channa dhal-1 table spoon
curry leaf-little

Procedure
keep the pressure cooker in the stove.In two table spoons of oil season the uppuma with the items given in to season.Saute the onions and green chillies for 2 minutes.Now add the rava also and saute for a minute in medium fire.Add 4 cups of water.1:2 is the ratio of water to rava.Immediately add the salt needed. Remember that after cooking it will be like 2 cups of rice cooked.So add the salt necessary for that quantity. Close the cooker.make sure that the stove is in low fire. Switch off the stove after 10 minutes.Wait for the pressure to be released.if you are sure that the bottom is not burnt ,add the frozen vegetable (cooked for 3 minutes in water) or the fresh vegetables cooked well now. Mix everything nicely. If you feel that the bottom is burnt mix in such a way that you dont reach the burnt part. Add the grated coconut also along with the vegetables.If the fire is low the bottom will never get burnt.Vegetables and coconut is optional.The uppuma will be very tasty without these also.
I Used this brand of Wheat Rava.I think that all other brands will be equally good.

No comments:

Post a Comment