Sunday, March 16, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » » » » Spicy Pork stew with sweet potatoes and beans

Spicy Pork stew with sweet potatoes and beans


Im on a bit of a mission to try to use up food from my freezer and dry goods from the larder.  I had four pork steaks in the freezer which with some extra ingredients would make a meal for Saturday and also enough left for Monday nights dinner.

I had picked up a copy of Februarys Delicious Magazine and saw a recipe for Spicy pork stew with sweet potatoes and beans.  The recipe combines spices and herbs with pork, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and kidney beans in a sweet and warming stew with just the right level of spice for me.  The recipe suggested serving the stew with crusty bread, but to make it go further I added some basmati rice from my larder supplies!

As the recipe contains both oregano and coriander, I am entering it for the Lavender and Lovage,  Herbs on Saturday which is being hosted this month by Vanesther at Bangers and Mash


No comments:

Post a Comment