Thursday, February 20, 2014

Browse » home» » » » » » » » Badhusha – My 100th post Diwali Special

Badhusha – My 100th post Diwali Special

Hooray for my 100th post!! Wow what a journey it has been. I am so excited about this little milestone!!

I really never thought I can make these many kinds of recipes, but over the last 6 months, I have exposed a love to baking, tried many new recipes first time, organized some foodie events, and met so many inspirational and lovely bloggers of whom some have already became friends!! I love reading all your comments and you all inspire me to carry on.

I wanted to say a heartfelt thankyou to all my friends, followers, bloggers and readers. And I am very grateful to my sweet hubby who supports and helps in my cooking.




To celebrate this small milestone, I prepared badhusha. I learnt this recipe from Raks kitchen. 
Badhusha is an Indian festive Sweet made easily with available ingredients of flour and sugar. First time I made these Badhusha’s and I enjoyed making those shapes. They came out so soft and I and my hubby enjoyed them a lot.

Initially I taught it is very difficult to make, but when I decided to prepare I felt it is very easy and infact I made it on weekday after coming from work within 1 hour, enjoyed making them :)




Source : Raks Kitchen

Ingredients:

All purpose flour/Maida – 1 ½ cups
Butter – ¼ cup
Ghee – 8 tsps
Curd – 1 ½ tsp
Baking Soda – 2 pinches
Sugar – ½ tsp
Water – ¼ cup
Oil for deep Frying



For Syrup:
Sugar – ½ cup
Water – little
Elachi powder – ¼ tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp

Preparation

  • Melt butter in microwave and keep aside.
  • In a wide bowl, add ghee,sugar,baking soda,curd and whisk it to mix well.
  • Later add flour and mix well without lumps.

  • Add water slowly and mix well to make a smooth dough.
  • Keep the dough aside and covered it with wet cloth for 15 mins.
  • Boil water with sugar and elachi to make thick syrup. Remove from heat and keep aside.
  • Divide the dough into small lemon sized balls.
  • Take a ball, flatten slightly and twist the sides using fingertips decoratively and shape the edges.
  • Prepare all the balls and keep aside by covering them.
  • Heat oil in a frying pan.  Add some badhushas into oil. Remove from heat and let it cooked for 5 mins.
  • Later the badushas float on top, again switch on the heat and cook on medium flame for another 5 mins or till they turn golden color.
  • Drain them in paper towel and immediately put them into the sugar syrup for about 5 mins and serve in a plate.
  • Sprinkle nuts or dry coconut and serve !!
Sending this to Serve It - Festival Potluck hosted by Krithi & Denny, Diwali Special - Sweets & Savories hosted by Radhika,  Diwali- Festival of LIGHTS hosted by Anu,My Diwali MyWay hosted by Khusi, Bookmarked Recipes hosted by Priya, and to my event CC-Festive Food, Only Sweets and Desserts hosted by Gayathri originally started by Pari

     



No comments:

Post a Comment